biodegradable water burial urns provide owners with a special and respectful way to say goodbye to their beloved departed pets by means of water burial.
Water is often symbolised as a life force, characterised by its immense strength and vitality so I think water is a fitting and beautiful place for us as pet owners to place our beloved departed pets to rest while also celebrating life itself.
In this article, I will be explaining what bio water urns are, how to use them, and ways you can make your goodbyes a little more special to honour your loyal companion.
What are Pet Biodegradable Water Burial Urns?
Biodegradable water burial urns have long been a custom in many cultures when remembering loved ones – friends and family alike.
Today, many pet owners who have a strong connection to the water with their pets naturally choose the ocean or similar waterways as their final resting place for the cremation ashes of their departed pet.
These water urns for ashes are designed to be an ornamental vessel for pet ashes to be scattered in water. Many urns can be used for loved ones and pets alike.
All water burial urns are made from natural and 100% biodegradable materials that are designed to slowly break down in water, allowing pet ashes to be released into the biosphere to become a part of the natural environment again.
Water urns are typically made from organic materials like natural vegetable and mineral raw materials.
How Do Pet Biodegradable Water Burial Urns Work?
Biodegradable urns for water function much like a normal burial urn for ashes.
Once you have received the cremation ashes of your deceased pet, you can gently transfer them to the water urn for storage until you make your way onto the water for the scattering ceremony.
These urns are designed to be released entirely into the ocean or body of water where they will then float and slowly break down, dispersing the ashes of your beloved pet into the surrounding water.
How to Use Pet Biodegradable Water Burial Urns
Preparing Your Biodegradable Water Burial Urns
- Gently place your pet’s cremation ashes into the water-soluble bag found inside the bio water urns
- Close the bag containing the ashes and place it back inside the urn
- Once the base of the urn has been sealed, the ashes are ready for the water
Releasing Your Pet’s Ashes on the Water
- Common practice is to travel by boat into deeper water to bury any cremation urns
- You can also release water burial urns from the shore if the local rules allow
- Place the urn gently into the water near your vessel or on the beach
- Once in the water, you can enjoy a special ceremony with friends and family to remember your loyal companion
Ways to Make Pet Water Burial More Special
- Flower petals and wreaths have long been associated with water burials in many cultures
- You can choose to scatter some flower ornamentation around your urn when releasing it into the water to add some decoration and symbolism to further honour your beloved pet
- Some urn suppliers allow you to decorate and customise your urn before it gets released into the water, making the experience all the more unique and personalised
Pet Biodegradable Water Burial Urns Worth Considering in Australia
1. Biodegradable Lotus Urn for Ocean Burial – Paper Turtle Urns
Elegantly and beautifully designed, this urn makes for a symbolic and thought-provoking resting place for pet ashes.
It is designed to float gracefully on the water before gently sinking, giving you time to reflect on your special memories with your beloved pet.
2. Favourite Place Water Burial Urn Box – Earth Memorials
3. Blue Peaceful Petal Flower Water Burial Urn – SuzieQ Urns
Featuring a gorgeous, handcrafted design made for water burial, this urn is perfect for a poignant and graceful goodbye to dear pets.
The large flower will float gently on the water before slowly submerging and breaking down.
4. Biodegradable Lions Paw Shell Urn for Water Burial – Everista Memorials
This high-quality urn truly symbolises the beauty and grace of the ocean with its unique shell design. It is handmade from environmentally friendly materials and can also be used as a display in your home until you’re ready for the final memorial on water.
5. Bio Water Urn for Pets – Samsara
These gorgeous and practical water burial urns for pets are handcrafted from natural organic materials and designed to make the most of water burial ceremonies. The outside is delicately debossed with paw patterns and the urn has a lovely sand colour.
Other Excellent Suppliers of Bio Water Urns for Pets in Australia
Pet Biodegradable Water Burial Urns Frequently Asked Questions
Do you need permission to use biodegradable water burial urns?
Usually, no permit or permissions are required to place cremation ashes into Australian waters. However, I do recommend checking your local rules and regulations in your specific area just to be sure that your experience is as comforting and special as you deserve.
Will biodegradable water burial urns pollute the ocean or rivers?
Bio water urns are made to be completely biodegradable and environmentally friendly so once they are placed into the water, they will slowly break down along with the ashes to become one with nature without polluting or disturbing the natural environment.
How long does it take for pet water burial urns to degrade?
Since these urns are usually made from water-soluble paper or recycled plant materials, they can take anywhere from 1 to 30 minutes to fully break down depending on the urn used, how it is being used, and the water and weather conditions around the urn.
Remember Your Beloved Furry Friend with Pet Biodegradable Water Burial Urns
I hope this article has helped you find the perfect water burial urn for your dearest departed pet.
Water burial offers a safe and environmentally friendly way to honour and remember beloved pets that have passed while giving owners a sense of awe, introspection, and comfort during this grieving period.
There are many beautiful and unique pet biodegradable water burial urns to choose from in Australia, so I have no doubt you’ll find the perfect urn to pay homage to your loyal companion.